THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT
- Please DONATE and support Australian democracy
- Please DONATE and help change political fundraising
- Please DONATE and help Bradfield lead the way
Please consider donating to our campaign to elect Nicolette Boele as the next federal representative for Bradfield. Any amount is welcome.
If only a fraction of the 20,000 plus people who wanted an independent at the last election each donated $300 for the upcoming election, we shift the power of political campaigns from vested interests back to citizens. We can have a fundraising campaign that is fair, transparent and has integrity.
Representatives are in the constitution – parties are not.
In 2022, Bradfield became a marginal seat for the first time in its long history. We believe this demonstrates that the people of Bradfield are tired of being taken for granted, and tired of party politics. And we believe that the best person to bring us change, when next we vote, is the person who came a very close second in that election, Nicolette Boele.
So we want to try something new in Australia, establishing a candidature for a federal electorate before the election is called. It is a starting point for Nicolette to discover more about our community, so that she can give the people of Bradfield a voice that is heard in Canberra, unfiltered by party machinations and secret coalition deals.
When Nicolette is elected, she will know - with complete certainty - what you value and what you want to see done. Your donation will help us make that a reality.
This is an exciting time to try new things in Bradfield, and Nicolette is willing to do them with you. Democracy isn't free and we want to make it better.
To make a donation via direct deposit or to ask a question, please contact us at [email protected]
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT YOUR DONATION
- Nicolette Boele’s campaign to be the community independent representative for Bradfield is managed by Nixs Run Pty Ltd
(A.C.N. 655 722 508), which is a not-for-profit company. Funds received and spent by Nixs Run Pty Ltd are used solely for the purposes of Nicolette Boele’s campaign.
- The following are the applicable laws as at 01 November 2023. The federal government has signalled that it will change these laws before the next federal election. As soon as new legislation is enacted we will update this page, but if in any doubt you should refer to the Australian Electoral Commission(AEC) website.
- You are not allowed to make, and Nicolette Boele is not allowed to receive, a donation of more than $100 if you are a foreign donor. If you are uncertain as to whether you are a foreign donor within the meaning of Australian legislation, please check the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) guide here. You warrant that you are not a foreign donor by selecting the relevant box when making a donation on this website. If we have any concerns about your eligibility you acknowledge that Nixs Run Pty Ltd may need to ask for proof of that status and we may return your donation if the proof is insufficient.
- There are (currently) no caps on political donations under Commonwealth electoral laws. However donations in any given financial year must be disclosed to the AEC, and the AEC will publish those names and amounts when the aggregated amount exceeds the donation threshold. Donation thresholds are set out below:
Financial year Threshold 2020/2021 $14,300 2021/2022 $14,500 2022/2023 $15,200 2023/2024 $16,300
- You will also need to lodge a donor disclosure after an election, which we will notify you about at the time. The form is simple and we can help as needed. Please see here for more donor disclosure information.
In addition to the requirements of Australian law outlined above, please note the following:
- Nicolette Boele and Nixs Run Pty Ltd do not accept funds from any non-human entity (including but not limited to, corporations, associations, societies or clubs) unless that non-human entity can demonstrate to the satisfaction of Nicolette's Donation Committee that it is operated on a not-for-profit basis.
- Nixs Run Pty Ltd will also disclose your name if your total donation in a financial year exceeds $1,500. Disclosures will be made quarterly on this website, within 30 days of the close of the quarter. The latest disclosure is here.
Updated 21 November 2023